On-Camera Acting Level 3
In this class, you will put the finishing touches on an acting process that you trust and love. You will find fluidity, creativity and expression with greater ease, freedom, confidence and speed.
Length of Class
On Camera Acting Levels I & II
What skills will I build in this class?
- You will explore your technique with an emphasis on how tone/style of a project changes your process and outcomes.
- You will prepare various genres of television and film, making adjustments based on your script analysis and research.
- You will continue to deepen your skills through examined experience, and a greater variety of practical application.
What will we do in this class?
- Most classes are structured like this:
- Review learned skills
- Learn and apply new tools through exercises
- Apply all skills through scene work
- You will be coached, given notes and put on tape
- Watch and learn from playback of your work
Who is this class for?
- This class is designed for professional actors who have completed Levels 1 and 2.
- It is possible that repeating Levels 1/2 will be necessary and/or preferred.
- All actors wishing to enroll in a class must schedule a FREE 20-minute consultation here.
What do I need to bring to class?
How much work is done outside of class? Are there rehearsals?
- You will need to review your notes and prepare your scenes for each class. If your scene is not memorized or prepared, then it’s best to not work in class – it’s a waste of everyone’s time, including yours.
- Self-taped work will be required for certain assignments.
- Rehearsals outside of class are done with or without your classmates; I recommend rehearsing at least 20-60 minutes per day, minimum, on your own.
- I will recommend some books, articles, podcasts, tv shows and films. Try your best to read/listen/watch them.
How is my work filmed in class?
- All scene work in class is done with a reader who is an actor. You are put on tape in a single, there are no two-shots.
- We will put you on tape using your camera or phone. Make sure it is charged and you have space. We will provide tripod, lights, etc.
How many students are in a class?
How much is it?
- As a bonus: While enrolled in class, one-on-one audition coaching is $60 per hour (normally $90 per hour).
How do I enroll and pay?
Where is class?
- Toluca Lake, CA
- Street parking