On-Camera Comedy Class
Television & Film
In this two-day workshop, you will focus on comedic artistry within the highly technical boundaries of comedy. Special attention will also be paid to the history of comedy in film and television, script analysis, and the responsibilities of the professional comedic actor
Length of Workshop
2- Day Workshop, 10:00am-5:00pm both days
Previous acting training or experience.
What skills will I build in this workshop?
- You will learn the technical elements of how comedy is created, written, acted and ultimately put together.
- You will build or re-build a workflow and acting process that feels comfortable, makes sense and produces the results you desire – in the genres of comedy.
- You will find confidence in your artistry and comedic abilities while merging the inspired artist with the technical requirements of comedy.
- You will learn and apply script analysis techniques that strongly support your comedic choices and application of those choices.
- You will begin to explore and discover your own brand of comedy and point of view.
What will we do in this workshop?
- Learn new skills
- Practice new skills through exercises
- Apply all learned skills through scene work
- You will be coached, given notes and put on tape
- Watch and learn from playback of your work
Who is this workshop for?
- This workshop is designed for professional actors looking to hone their on-camera comedy skills.
- Previous acting experience is required. This workshop is unsuitable for someone completely new to acting.
- Students are strongly encouraged to take On-Camera Acting for the Professional Actor, Levels I & II, prior.
- All actors wishing to enroll in a class must schedule a FREE 20-minute consultation here.
What do I need to bring to workshop?
How is my work filmed in this workshop?
- All scene work in class is done with a reader who is an actor. You are put on tape in a single, there are no two-shots.
- We will put you on tape using your camera or phone. Make sure it is charged and you have space. We will provide tripod, lights, etc.
How many students are in a workshop?
Enrollment is limited to 16 students. It’s important that each person get individual attention each week.
How much is it?
- The cost of the workshop is $400.
How do I enroll and pay?
Where is class?
- Los Angeles, CA
- Street parking